Friday, February 6, 2009

Crocheting on impulse

I made it over to the group foster home facility on Monday the 2nd to make my second donation. Under the stuffed animals is a scrap blanket that I crocheted. There are several crocheted hair scrunchies and one knitted headband which is atop the Red Heart Grey Heather scarf. I liked the sweater underneath it, but it's too small for me. I bought it from a thrift store. I received a sample of Celine Dion's new fragrance which I'd sent for. Left click your mouse for a closer look at the items.




I finished the scrap blanket that I made for myself and started making another scrap blanket with half double crochet clusters of two and rows of double crochet to speed the progress even more. I should donate it to a nursing home when I'm done. I have one done already that could use some company in the trash bag that I have it stored in.


I very awkwardly held the camera with my left hand to take a photo of how I hold my hook. The button for taking the photo is on the right side of the camera.













I must've been watching a season 2 episode of The Waltons on DVD when I decided on impulse that I'd like to make a cotton dishcloth. Peaches 'n Creme Pink Lilacs. It almost used the entire 2 oz. skein.







For those of you who don't already know this, the grandmother on The Waltons crochets. She usually uses an off-white thread and a steel hook, but last time it looked like she was using a white hook that looks like a plastic one that I have and off-white worsted weight yarn. The actress wasn't faking it. She could crochet rather quickly and uses a grip like you would holding a pencil. I can't hold my hook that way for long. I think the way a person holds their hook might depend on how their hand and wrist bones are formed.







No comments: