Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy magnets

I have six handmade refrigerator magnets on the freezer door at the moment. I made 4 smiley faces with the intention of using them as promotional tokens for my new knit & crochet group. The first time I used wiggly eyes.
I used a new children's toothbrush to brush the faces' fun fur hair.

I made my first plastic canvas project, a kiwi fruit a few days ago. Except for the yellow center which is crochet thread, I used worsted weight yarn.






The faces without eyes. I won't show you the disturbing photo of one of the faces when it had a needle stabbing through its head when I had to weave in the ends of its hair. Rest assured it kept a smile on its face the entire time so it must not have been too painful.













I picked up a double crochet striped blanket that I hadn't worked on in a long time. I'd say it's baby blanket size. Have to weave in many, many ends. (I'm just not pleased with the way it looks when I crochet over ends.) I haven't decided which color I'll use to go around the edge. I'm thinking I might go with teal or turquoise.


















It occurred to me that I didn't have any photos posted of my hand holding my knitting. This is a scarf in bulky yarn that I pick up occasionally. I prefer the slickness of Sensations knitting needles by Jo-Ann Fabrics. My blue needles are size 10 and my pretty green ones are 10.5.


I have more blanket news. I'll post more pics this week.










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The magnets are very cute!

Anonymous said...

haaa, the refrigerator magnets are so cool,lol i loved smiley faces!