Saturday, January 17, 2009

Crochet quickie

This is a mauve hat that I made for my January Exchange partner. The large rose pin with fun fur is one that I've had for a long time and just threw it on there for the pic.

Below are 4 and 6 inch granny squares that I made just to see what the colors looked like together. The left one is teal and bright yellow.

I've been crocheting a multi-color scarf that I'm going to donate. Finished a Grey Heather one before that and also started making a tote bag for myself.

A couple days ago I received a very nice, non-generic letter of gratitude from the executive director of Norman C. Sleezer Youth Home regarding the donations I made last month. This morning I wrote to the Hanes company requesting donations of socks, panties, and bras for the residents of the facility. Hopefully my email will get a prompt response. I've continued to crochet more items to be donated to the foster home as well as finding things around the house that I no longer want or just don't use.

I need to finish two of the walker/wheelchair totes that I made last week or whenever.

I'm hungry and my feet are cold and I have to go watch The Waltons and crochet. Bye!




No comments: